Select the booking option below that best fits your role at work.
NOTE – If someone else is paying for your place –
- Book your place as normal below.
- Select the PAY BY INVOICE option in the checkout process and fill in the details of whomever is paying for you.
- You will receive an email to YOUR email address confirming your booking with a button marked VIEW INVOICE.
- View the invoice and download it as a PDF by clicking “Download PDF” on the top right of the invoice on screen.
- Give or email this invoice to your employer or whomever is paying on your behalf.
Morriston Education Centre, Morriston Education Centre Abertawe Bro Morgannwg University Health Board Morriston Hospital Swansea SA6 6NL
0900-0915 Introduction (Dr R Martin)
0915-1015 The Nature of Anxiety (Mike Stylianou)
- Understanding the nature and origin of anxiety
- Who gets anxious and why?
- What influences the prevalence, development and management of anxiety?
1030-1215 Communication (Dr Philip Cunnington)
- Basic Communication
- Non-verbal communication
- Verbal Communication
- Advanced Communication
- Advanced communication techniques
- Guided imagery
1315-1445 Anxiety Management in Practice (Dr Richard Martin)
- How our workspace influences anxiety
- A detailed look at how the 4Ps and 4Ts can influence anxiety
- Putting it all together – a when, what and why step-by-step guide to managing anxiety
1500-1545 Autistic Spectrum Disorders (Dr Richard Martin)
- Developmental Delay
1545-1615 Open Forum and Discussion
1615-1645 Hypnosis and Hypnotherapy (Mike Stylianou and Dr Richard Martin)
- What is hypnosis?
- Why are trance theory, covert/conversational hypnosis and suggestion important in the management of anxious children?
1645-1700 Experiential Hypnosis Session (Mike Stylianou)